This is a winner on any summer night!
– 1/2 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
– 2 Tbsp minced ginger
– 2 Tbsp water
– 3 minced garlic cloves
– Hot pepper sauce, dash, optional
– 4 medium bell peppers
– 3 small zucchini
– 2 small yellow summer squash
– 1 large onion
Optional: Other summer veggies you have available, eggplant, tomatoes, sweet peppers can be added.
Your choice for sweet or spicy use:
– Bernie’s Classic Sweet or Bernie’s Classic Fennel and Hot Sausage
– Mix the first five ingredients together and set aside.
– Cut peppers, zucchini, squash, onions lengthwise in half.
– Place vegetables in a bowl; drizzle with 1/2 cup of the sauce and toss.
– Place vegetables on a greased grill rack. Grill over medium heat 8-10 minutes or until tender and lightly charred.
– Move vegetables to make room for sausage. Keep warm and cut into bite-sized pieces. Toss with additional 1/4 cup sauce.
– Grill sausages, covered, over medium-low heat 15-20 minutes, turning often. Remove sausages from grill; toss with remaining sauce. Serve with vegetables.
You have the time to brine!
The importance of “BRINE!” Brine is a great way to season your meat and the secret of chefs everywhere.
– 1 Cup of Kosher Salt
– 1.5 cup of sugar (white, brown, molasses, maple syrup, honey, or agave)
– Black Pepper
– Herbs for aromas and flavor
– Bring .5 gal of water to a boil
– Add the sugar, salt, and aromatics to the water, stir until it is fully dissolved
– Cool quickly by adding the second half of cold water
– Add your meats after the brine has completely cooled for approximately 30 minutes per pound of product
– After brining, cook accordingly to the cut (braise or grill)
All of our sausages taste great on the grill or roasted in the oven. They are perfect for summer picnics or simple dinners that satisfy everyone…
Grilled Linked or Patty Sausage
1-1.5 lbs. Piemonte Sausage (your favorite link or patty)
- Heat the grill to medium.
- For linked sausage, remove from package, cut to desired length.
For patty remove from package and place directly on grill.
- Place on grill.
- Turn sausage using tongs (try not to pierce casing) until internal temperature reaches 145 degrees F.
- Enjoy with your favorite bun or naked with your favorite condiments (hot mustard, horseradish, wasabi).
Grab your friends and family for this amazing brunch at Black Dog Smoke & Ale House Champaign or Urbana!
Join Prairie Fruits Farm & Creamery every Saturday in April for a perennial favorite, “Babies & Brunch”! Next one is Saturday April 13th.
Come out to the farm and visit with the new baby goats, see the emerging signs of spring, buy local farm products, and enjoy a locally-sourced delicious morning brunch! This free, family-friendly event goes from 10:00am – 2:00pm.
In addition, we will offer a brunch menu featuring Chef Raquel Aikman Ritz of Feast Catering. Chef Raquel will create 4 unique menus for each of the Saturdays in the month of April using fresh, spring ingredients from local farms including Blue Moon Farm, Bane Family Farm, The Mill at Janie’s Farm and Piemonte Sausage
Each menu is still being finalized, but you can expect similar delicious dishes to those of last year! Favorites like Blueberry French Toast Casserole or Goat Cheese Biscuits & Creamy Piemonte Sausage Gravy or Moonglo Spring Veggie Quiche with Blue Moon Farm Greens will be selected with a variety of both sweet and savory dishes to make each Saturday unique. A beverage menu featuring coffee, PFFC’s famous Goat Milk Hot Chocolate, Mimosas, Bloody Mary’s and a selection of beer and wine will be available.
Restaurant and Retail
Notable chefs are currently incorporating our sausage and salumi into their menus.
– If you are a retailer or chef contact us to see how you can incorporate Piemonte Sausage and Salumi into your offerings.
– Have a unique sausage or salumi requirement? We produce private label sausages using customers’ recipes or can develop a recipe for you.