This is a winner on any summer night!
– 1/2 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
– 2 Tbsp minced ginger
– 2 Tbsp water
– 3 minced garlic cloves
– Hot pepper sauce, dash, optional
– 4 medium bell peppers
– 3 small zucchini
– 2 small yellow summer squash
– 1 large onion
Optional: Other summer veggies you have available, eggplant, tomatoes, sweet peppers can be added.
Your choice for sweet or spicy use:
– Bernie’s Classic Sweet or Bernie’s Classic Fennel and Hot Sausage
– Mix the first five ingredients together and set aside.
– Cut peppers, zucchini, squash, onions lengthwise in half.
– Place vegetables in a bowl; drizzle with 1/2 cup of the sauce and toss.
– Place vegetables on a greased grill rack. Grill over medium heat 8-10 minutes or until tender and lightly charred.
– Move vegetables to make room for sausage. Keep warm and cut into bite-sized pieces. Toss with additional 1/4 cup sauce.
– Grill sausages, covered, over medium-low heat 15-20 minutes, turning often. Remove sausages from grill; toss with remaining sauce. Serve with vegetables.
You have the time to brine!
The importance of “BRINE!” Brine is a great way to season your meat and the secret of chefs everywhere.
– 1 Cup of Kosher Salt
– 1.5 cup of sugar (white, brown, molasses, maple syrup, honey, or agave)
– Black Pepper
– Herbs for aromas and flavor
– Bring .5 gal of water to a boil
– Add the sugar, salt, and aromatics to the water, stir until it is fully dissolved
– Cool quickly by adding the second half of cold water
– Add your meats after the brine has completely cooled for approximately 30 minutes per pound of product
– After brining, cook accordingly to the cut (braise or grill)
The “Oh so Beautiful Linda” modeling one of our aprons.
Get yours today! https://www.piemontesausage.com/product-category/gear/
All of our sausages taste great on the grill or roasted in the oven. They are perfect for summer picnics or simple dinners that satisfy everyone…
Grilled Linked or Patty Sausage
1-1.5 lbs. Piemonte Sausage (your favorite link or patty)
- Heat the grill to medium.
- For linked sausage, remove from package, cut to desired length.
For patty remove from package and place directly on grill.
- Place on grill.
- Turn sausage using tongs (try not to pierce casing) until internal temperature reaches 145 degrees F.
- Enjoy with your favorite bun or naked with your favorite condiments (hot mustard, horseradish, wasabi).
Grab your friends and family for this amazing brunch at Black Dog Smoke & Ale House Champaign or Urbana!
Two flavors to choose from! Spicy/Hot and Sweet/Mild
Definition: An Italian ham that is prepared by mixing meat from pork necks (capo or head) and shoulders (collo) with seasonings. It is mildly cured and seasoned with hot or sweet peppers, as well as salt and sugar. It is stuffed into a natural casing and air-dried. Capocollo can be prepared hot or cold and served as a snack, an appetizer, or as a main dish. When it is made into a hard dry sausage it is known as Coppa and is very similar to prosciutto.