You have the time to brine!
The importance of “BRINE!” Brine is a great way to season your meat and the secret of chefs everywhere.
– 1 Cup of Kosher Salt
– 1.5 cup of sugar (white, brown, molasses, maple syrup, honey, or agave)
– Black Pepper
– Herbs for aromas and flavor
– Bring .5 gal of water to a boil
– Add the sugar, salt, and aromatics to the water, stir until it is fully dissolved
– Cool quickly by adding the second half of cold water
– Add your meats after the brine has completely cooled for approximately 30 minutes per pound of product
– After brining, cook accordingly to the cut (braise or grill)